How to get a job as a Software Developer. Visit my site: http://www.programmermind.com
This video takes a recess from the normal programming tutorial series since I wanted to share some information I have learned in the technology industry. It is important to build a list of goals you have and set out to accomplish them. Here they are in no particular order.
1. Get a Bachelor's Degree (not necessary, but it can be helpful)
2. Build a resume that highlights your skills learned at school and any projects you worked on.
3. Keep learning about programming (.NET, C#, SQL, etc)
4. Develop a passion for learning new things about software applications or web design.
5. Post your resume online everywhere.
6. Build a relationship with IT Recruiters and Staffing Agencies.
7. Keep a list of the Recruiters that have contributed to getting you good job contacts.
8. Realize you are starting a new career and you will be essentially "starting over"
9. Be open to contracts or direct hires.
10. Enhance your technical knowledge.
When you finally land that job:
Learn everything you can on the job.
Build a good relationship with your co-workers, boss or director.
Accept your mistakes and learn from them
Never resign from a job or contracting position
If permitted, remote to your work computer from home if you are trying to meet a deadline.
Don't demand a high salary if you have no work experience. With a BS Computer Science degree I started asking for $40,000 and only later raised the bar after some experience.
Tags: How to get a job as a Software Developer